23Q4 Survey Results + Winner Announcement!

Thank you to the 152 brewers who participated in our Democratize Hops Giveaways survey!

It was nice to see that only 3.9% (6 responses) of those surveyed didn’t like the changes we’ve introduced thus far in 2023:

One respondent who provided further comment helped us hunt down & fix an unusual, device-specific problem related to search functionality. Most of the other negative feedback was from brewers who don’t like the way profile scores work and/or don’t want to rate sellers or lots. And this was my favorite response from those who were asked what they didn’t like about the changes:

In regards to profile scores, I’m not happy with them either. I wrote about that earlier this week, and I really hope you will take a look & comment on my proposed changes so we can get it right this time. It’s pretty clear that most brewers expect all sellers to ship very quickly and want a better indicator of shipping speed on every listing so they can avoid purchasing from slow shippers.

There was one other theme/pain point: Brewers really want lot numbers and AA% on all listings, so we’re considering making lot numbers & AA% required for new listings. If you have strong feelings about whether or not lot numbers & AA% should be mandatory, please chime in here.

And finally, the winner of our Democratize Hops Giveaway is…

Justin Thompson of Gaston Brewing Company

Congrats, Justin!

2 Likes

In terms of lot numbers and AAs, they are nice to have as a buyer but without having an easily accessible way to look up the lots, that data is worthless. So you would also have to build a mechanism on the site to facilitate obtaining that info.

And as a seller, sometimes lot numbers and AAs are hard to obtain unless you have the boxes in house already. I would keep that info optional and maybe build a reward mechanism for providing it but don’t make it required.

1 Like